ENGLISH FILL IN THE BLANKS QUESTIONS

Choose the correct cohesive devices from the option given below to complete the sentences. Each one is to be used only once
a) moreover b) firstly on the other hand c) whereas d) at least e) then f) however g) actually e) besides though

1. I had a terrible day at work and lost my umbrella too. ______ I spoke to that nice guy who works in the coffee shop at last!

2. Television turns people into lazy couch potatoes. ______, there are some educational programmes on.

3. ______, I would like to welcome you all to the conference today.

4. ______ the film was a little boring, we still had a nice evening out.


5. I've always known Caroline as a miser. ______, she lent me 1000 yesterday without my having to ask twice!

6. I got up at 9 o'clock yesterday and had a cold shower. ______, I had breakfast and left for work.

7. My brother works in a large office ______ I work on my own at home.

8. Why do you think I don't want to go out tonight? ______, I would be delighted to get out of the house.

9. You should participate in the school youth festival as it gives you a chance to meet many people. ______, it gives you an opportunity to showcase your talents.

10. I don't want to go to the football game. Football bores me and I don't want to pay 40 for a ticket. ______, look at the weather! All that rain!

Comments